Frequently Asked Questions
How do we work together if we’re far apart?
I’m based in Arcola, Illinois, but you'll easily be able to reach me when you have questions and need answers. Currently I work with clients in CO, IL, IN, MI, MO.
I use advanced digital communication tools to protect your privacy while we stay in contact. Specifically, I use:
- Secure document transfer through CLIC Client, with encryption technology so your life and financial data remain between you and me
- When available account forms sent secure for signature via Docusign
- Zoom video conferencing, 1 on 1 virtual meeting room - save travel time and gas by joining a meeting from your smart-phone or computer in your own home.
- Online calendars for scheduling meetings so you don’t have to fight through an admin or long email strings to schedule time.
- EZcard digital business card that can act as an portal(app) to all your logins for smart devices. Text 'BENNETT' to 64600 to get this "app" sent to your phone
- Hearsay Business Text Messaging: allows you to communicate with me in an alternate way. To Opt-In to business text messages follow this link.
- On-demand decision analysis so you don’t have to make a big financial decision without input.
- Same business day or less for callbacks, Hearsay Text Messages, or email responses; so you’ll be able to drop me a note or line whenever you’re thinking about it.
If I hire you, who will I work with?
You’ll work directly with me on all planning issues and investment management. From time to time, you’ll interact with the entire team.
What types of things do you give advice on?
- Cash flow planning
- Investment management
- Net worth planning
- Risk management
- Identifying risks to life and retirement and deciding whether or not to mitigate for them
- Legacy planning
And my service standard doesn’t just look at the heavier stuff; I also want you to have a great life now and throughout your retirement. I help clients holistically define and find what means most to them.
Fiduciary, what does that mean?
In a literal way, I’m legally obligated and ethically bound to act in your best interests.
If there is a potential conflict of interest between us, I’m required to disclose it.
Both emotionally and intellectually, you will feel more comfortable working with someone who has your best interests at heart.
As a fiduciary, I constantly have to justify my existence to you. If I’m not adding value to your retirement, you’ll know and can act accordingly.
What are your qualifications?
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™, a designation that only about 20 percent of all financial advisors hold. 1
- Bachelor’s degree major of Finance with a focus on Financial Planning coursework from Eastern Illinois University in Charleston, Illinois, Fall 2010
How will my investments be managed?
Portfolios are designed to fit your personal situation. Risk questionnaire helps to determine a level of risk that you are comfortable with and we build toward your goals from there.
Your situation isn't always the same as your neighbor's, do you think your investments should be managed to your situation instead of a one size fits all?
Retirement presents all new challenges in managing your assets; creating a delicate balance between mitigating risk and creating income for retirement living.
Where would my assets be held?
The majority of our client assets are held at BNY Mellon’s Pershing, LLC.
1. according to a 2014 article in the Chicago Tribune.https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-xpm-2014-04-04-sns-rt-us-yourpractice-integrity-20140404-story.html